lancegranite

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

catbirdseat said:

MSN sites load too slowly. I won't waste my time with it.

hmmm, loaded in less than one second. Must be that T1 line... cantfocus.gif

lance, what exactly is the point of the picute? Is this guy rigging a comp wall, demonstrating a rescue technique, or washing windows? confused.gif

I used to walk steel beams on bridgework during summers in college...no harness, no net, no nothing. It was the late 70s, and I guess the OSHA rules weren't in place yet for that. Anyway, like most things, it was scary as shit the first few days, but then didn't seem so bad.

lancegranite said:

That guy is me.

I work as a high steel rigger for theatre or conventions.

If you look closely, you will see that we climb the undersides of the ceiling beams. It's like soloing upside down 5.8/A4.

I figured anybody who does this kind of work will know whats going on.

Ah! I thought it looked like the "big top", but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

RobBob: For a little while after I graduated VA Tech, I worked as a bridge inspector out West here. That was 15 years ago, so we had to wear the "monkey tail", but weren't required to have nets. The most fun I had was one day I intentionally slid, side-saddle and face-first, down the longest (shallowest angle) cable of the Tri-Cities' cable-stayed bridge over the Columbia, from the top of the tower to the sidewalk. I think I musta caused about 50 people driving across the bridge to shit their collective pants that day. yellaf.gif