Why we fight...

TurtleSoup

Dear Recruit:

Thank you for joining the Iraqi resistance forces. You have been issued an AK-47 rifle, rocket-propelled grenade launcher and an address where you can pick up supplies of bombs and remote-controlled mines. Please let your cell leader know if you require additional materiel for use against the Americans.

You are joining a broad and diverse coalition dedicated to one principle: Iraq for Iraqis. Our leaders include generals of President Saddam Hussein's secular government as well as fundamentalist Islamists. We are Sunni and Shia, Iraqi and foreign, Arab and Kurdish. Though we differ on what kind of future our country should have after liberation and many of us suffered under Saddam, we are fighting side by side because there is no dignity under the brutal and oppressive jackboot of the U.S. Coalition Provisional Authority or their Vichyite lapdogs on the Governing Council, headed by embezzler Ahmed Chalabi.

Because we destroyed our weapons of mass destruction, we were unable to defend ourselves against the American invasion. This was their plan all along. Now our only option is guerilla warfare: we must kill as many Americans as possible at a minimum risk to ourselves. As the Afghan resistance to the Soviets and the Americans' own revolution against our former colonial masters the British have proven, it will only be a matter of time before the U.S. occupation forces become demoralized. As casualties and expenditures rise, the costs will outweigh the economic and political benefits of occupation. Soon the American public will note that the anticipated five-year price tag of $500 billion, with a probable loss of some 4,000 lives and 10,000 wounded, is not a reasonable price to pay to get our 2.5 million barrels of oil flowing to the West each month. This net increase, of just 0.23 percent of total OPEC production, will not reduce U.S. gasoline prices. At an average of 35 attacks each day, an hour does not pass without an American soldier coming under fire somewhere in Iraq. Ultimately the American public will pressure their leaders to withdraw their harried troops from our country.

It is inevitable. Our goal is to make that day come sooner rather than later.

It is no easy thing to shoot or blow up young men and women because they wear American uniforms. Indeed, the soldiers are themselves oppressed members of America's vast underclass. Many don't want to be here; joining America's mercenary army is the only way they can afford to attend university. Others, because they are poor and uneducated, do not understand that they are being used as pawns in Dick Cheney's cynical oil war.

Unfortunately, we can't help these innocent U.S. soldiers. They are victims, like ourselves, of the bandits in Washington. Nor can we disabuse them of the propaganda that an occupier isn't always an oppressor. We regret their deaths, but we must continue to kill them until the last one has gone home to America.

In recent months we have opened a second front, against such non-governmental organizations as the United Nations and Red Crescent. A typical response of the Bush junta to these actions was issued by National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice: "It is unfortunate in the extreme that the terrorists decided to go after innocent aid workers and people who were just trying to help the Iraqi people." Do not listen to her. True, many aid workers are well intentioned. However, their presence under American military occupation tacitly endorses the invasion and subsequent colonization of Iraq. Their efforts to restore "normalcy" deceives weak-willed Iraqi civilians and international observers into the mistaken belief that the Americans are popular here. There can be no normalcy, or peace, until the invader is driven from our land. From the psychological warfare standpoint, the NGOs represent an even more insidious threat to fight for sovereignty than the U.S. army.

In this vein we must also take action against our own Iraqi citizens who choose to collaborate with the enemy. Bush wants to put an "Iraqi face" on the occupation. If we allow the Americans to corrupt our friends and neighbors by turning them into puppet policemen and sellouts, our independence will be lost forever. If someone you know is considering taking a job with the Americans, tell him that he is engaging in treason and encourage him to seek honest work instead. If he refuses, you must kill him as a warning to other weak-minded individuals.

Take to heart this warning of Cuban revolutionary Ché Guevara: "The guerrilla fighter needs full help from the people of the area. This is an indispensable condition. This is clearly seen by considering the case of bandit gangs that operate in a region. They have all the characteristics of a guerrilla army: homogeneity, respect for the leader, valor, knowledge of the ground, and, often, even good understanding of the tactics to be employed. The only thing missing is support of the people; and, inevitably, these gangs are captured and exterminated by the public force." If the Americans are right about us, and we enjoy no popular support, we deserve to be annihilated. Fortunately, the U.S. has adopted Israeli-style retaliatory bombing, cordoning off whole villages and other tactics that are turning civilian fence sitters to our point of view.

To victory!

(by Ted Rall)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

erik said:

i think the point is that we are going to lose the conflict in iraq.

thanks for ruining america bush!

I was going to suggest to you that you could improve your points be improving your spelling, but, when I quote you, I can see that "ruining" is spelled correctly. I think Jon has released MiZpElBoT 3.1 on your ass.

Or, a quick edit??

Necronomicon said:

erik said:

I was going to suggest to you that you could improve your points be improving your spelling, but, when I quote you, I can see that "ruining" is spelled correctly. I think Jon has released MiZpElBoT 3.1 on your ass.

Or, a quick edit??

edit your own shitty errors necro. check out your first sentence, douche. the_finger.gif

trask said:

Necronomicon said:

erik said:

Or, a quick edit??

edit your own shitty errors necro. check out your first sentence, douche. the_finger.gif

You Dirty Fuckhole,

After struggling to find any spelling errors in my "first sentance", I cut and paste it into Word and did a spell check. Still nothing.

You useless tool; I hope no one's life depends on you,

- the_finger.gif

hey erik, sorry the thread didn't go the way you wanted it to! we certainly have had a shortage of discussion on the situation in iraq haven't we? and you sure the heck haven't started any threads on the topic have you? i personally will do my best to stay on task from now on

rolleyes.gif

Point taken, Viking, though I’m not sure you should be one to preach about the pitfalls of superiority complexes.

As much as I personally opposed the war prior to the first day of action, I felt that once it was started the US should depose Saddam and get the heck out of Dodge, turning the responsibility for governing the mess over to a broad-based coalition of moderate Arab states who could bring Iraq back to a functioning level with the leadership and funding required for such an undertaking. Of course, the US would have none of that, despite the failure to have a legitimate plan to stabilize and exit the arena.

Now, the US is faced with the classic standoff between a largely hostile population and an occupying force. Short of mass genocide and other methods that severely violate basic human rights, I don’t see how the US can govern, stabilize, or win the support of the general Iraqi public. Rall’s commentary is spot on.

erik said:

minx you shouldnt be so dense. the point is not the topic but how people ruin said topic but changing the discussion by pointing out the spelling and other gramatical errors people present. it is irrelevant that people have spelt a word wrong or that they have gone about and used improper grammer or puncuation......that is not the point of the discussion, if you feel the need to have your own spellling topic start it, dont ruin other peoples topics by attempting to show your petty side.

certainly you can say that content can and will be misunderstood by mispelt words, but i find that hardly to be true in any sense. i can always get what the person is attempting to say no matter how the words are spelt. this is an internet chat board and not a business meeting or a college course.

i personally believe that people whom feel the need to do these things are lacking in many self disciplines. maybe you should go back and revaluate how you interact with people and instead of attacking others on their inability to spell properly or whatever work on somethings that are wrong in your life.

wow erik! you're making a lot out of nothing. how often have i chosen to correct your misspellings or anyone else's? sorry i jumped in for a little fun. i figured necro was tough enough to take w/some humor. if he's got a problem w/it he can deal w/me directly.

yep good threads get ruined all the time. i also see them get put back on track by an intelligent well thought out comment on the original topic. why don't you try that instead of chiding us for not behaving in the manner you wish?

erik, perhaps it is you who should rethink the way you interact with others. instead of trying to parent us all and direct the flow of everything, relax and deal w/your own issues instead of trying to armchair shrink other peoples? confused.gif

hey and have a nice day wave.gif

Necronomicon said:

trask said:

Necronomicon said:

erik said:

Or, a quick edit??

You Dirty Fuckhole,

After struggling to find any spelling errors in my "first sentance", I cut and paste it into Word and did a spell check. Still nothing.

You useless tool; I hope no one's life depends on you,

- the_finger.gif

Cuntlicker, it's in the first sentence...structure, not spelling...you said "improve your points be improving your spelling". Should've been by, you useless cob. eat shit and die motherfucker. wave.gif trask yelrotflmao.gif

TurtleSoup said:

Because we destroyed our weapons of mass destruction, we were unable to defend ourselves against the American invasion. This was their plan all along. Now our only option is guerilla warfare: we must kill as many Americans as possible at a minimum risk to ourselves. As the Afghan resistance to the Soviets and the Americans' own revolution against our former colonial masters the British have proven, it will only be a matter of time before the U.S. occupation forces become demoralized. As casualties and expenditures rise, the costs will outweigh the economic and political benefits of occupation. Soon the American public will note that the anticipated five-year price tag of $500 billion, with a probable loss of some 4,000 lives and 10,000 wounded, is not a reasonable price to pay to get our 2.5 million barrels of oil flowing to the West each month. This net increase, of just 0.23 percent of total OPEC production, will not reduce U.S. gasoline prices.

I think this part is the best. We were once rebels, but seems we have forgotten our country's roots. And the reward of this occupation/war does not make any sense to me.

erik said:

minx you shouldnt be so dense. the point is not the topic but how people ruin said topic but changing the discussion by pointing out the spelling and other gramatical errors people present. it is irrelevant that people have spelt a word wrong or that they have gone about and used improper grammer or puncuation......that is not the point of the discussion, if you feel the need to have your own spellling topic start it, dont ruin other peoples topics by attempting to show your petty side.

certainly you can say that content can and will be misunderstood by mispelt words, but i find that hardly to be true in any sense. i can always get what the person is attempting to say no matter how the words are spelt. this is an internet chat board and not a business meeting or a college course.

i personally believe that people whom feel the need to do these things are lacking in many self disciplines. maybe you should go back and revaluate how you interact with people and instead of attacking others on their inability to spell properly or whatever work on somethings that are wrong in your life.

Try some capitalization, douche. the_finger.gif

ehmmic said:

TurtleSoup said:

Because we destroyed our weapons of mass destruction, we were unable to defend ourselves against the American invasion. This was their plan all along. Now our only option is guerilla warfare: we must kill as many Americans as possible at a minimum risk to ourselves. As the Afghan resistance to the Soviets and the Americans' own revolution against our former colonial masters the British have proven, it will only be a matter of time before the U.S. occupation forces become demoralized. As casualties and expenditures rise, the costs will outweigh the economic and political benefits of occupation. Soon the American public will note that the anticipated five-year price tag of $500 billion, with a probable loss of some 4,000 lives and 10,000 wounded, is not a reasonable price to pay to get our 2.5 million barrels of oil flowing to the West each month. This net increase, of just 0.23 percent of total OPEC production, will not reduce U.S. gasoline prices.

I think this part is the best. We were once rebels, but seems we have forgotten our country's roots. And the reward of this occupation/war does not make any sense to me.

i agree. i still question the need to tell these people how to govern themselves. should we not be taking more of a supportive role as they assume a post saddamn adminstration?

we should be helping them rebuild their infrastructure not trying to govern them. maybe they'd be friendlier and more resptive to americans in that context. perhaps it could be a basis for change in attitude on both sides which might lead to a more stable long term diplomatic relationship?

catbirdseat said:

How about we actually get back to addressing the actual topic of the thread. Okay?

This obvious satire written by an American and not an Iraqi- a very politically savvy person who obviously would like the US to exit sooner, rather than later, but demonstrating the inevitability of our own failure.

i think most people figured out that it was satire. the great thing about satire is that it can open up this kind of discussion. despite my lambasting erik for his tirade against the spelling police, i think he's right and this is a good topic.