New $5 Intuition liners for Mtn or snoboard boots!

snoboy

Got $5? Need some liners to trick out your plastic boots for the winter? Got size 8,8.5,9 or 11 feet? Go to http://www.cheapsnowboards.com/ and navigate here:

Navigate: StoreFront/Boots & Bindings/Boot Liners/Morrow Snowboard Boot Liners

Then thank your bros over at teletips.com...

Original post here... (read it, it's got good info... smile.gif )

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been meaning to post a question regarding this for a while now. I have Scarpa Invernos and they have the liners that come with them from the factory. Scarpa sells "expedition" ones made out of something called "alveolite" I think and they are a whopping $200! Some of the local shops will make climbers liners for $150 or so.

Has anyone specifically felt they needed the special "expedition" liners on a Denali climb or something else with extended time spent in the cold? $5 or $200 is a serious difference! I'll probably order some of these just to check them out. Thanks for the tip. wave.gif

Intuition liners will be:

-Lighter

-Warmer

-Quicker to dry

-Better fitting.

The "climber's liners" that you mention, may well be Intuitions. They are a heat moldable foam liner.

Instructions for molding can be found in a 5.5Mb Windoze Media file here , or a 27Mb Mpeg here.

Wish I had some plastic boots to do. frown.gif

wave.gif

blue_morph said:

I've been meaning to post a question regarding this for a while now. I have Scarpa Invernos and they have the liners that come with them from the factory. Scarpa sells "expedition" ones made out of something called "alveolite" I think and they are a whopping $200! Some of the local shops will make climbers liners for $150 or so.

Has anyone specifically felt they needed the special "expedition" liners on a Denali climb or something else with extended time spent in the cold? $5 or $200 is a serious difference! I'll probably order some of these just to check them out. Thanks for the tip. wave.gif

I ponied up for the Intuition liners for a trip to Alaska and didn't regret it. For $150 liners, that translates to $15 a toe. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just got them last week. They are indeed "Intuition" liners. The cut for the foot is a little wider for snowboard boots though and they are cut so that they have more of a traditional shoe tongue (two cuts down to the toes), rather than the single cut(wrap style) for the climbing ones I've seen these days. Not sure if there is any difference in the grade of the foam but for this price its worth the experiment. I need to try the instructions for heating them and fitting them to my Invernos.

blue_morph said:

Just got them last week. They are indeed "Intuition" liners. The cut for the foot is a little wider for snowboard boots though and they are cut so that they have more of a traditional shoe tongue (two cuts down to the toes), rather than the single cut(wrap style) for the climbing ones I've seen these days. Not sure if there is any difference in the grade of the foam but for this price its worth the experiment. I need to try the instructions for heating them and fitting them to my Invernos.

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/Fitting-Thermoflex-Liners.htm

let me know how it goes.

My liners in my plastic boots packed out so I ordered some. Hope they fit, but for that price it was worth the risk. I also used to fit ski boots and was wondering a if anyone had a source for ski boot fitting products like ankle wraps, pads, wedges, donuts, etc. I'll probably have to do some custom fitting to make them work right.

BTW, check out some of the gloves. There's a burton glove with thinsulite and pittards leather for $25. Good ice climbing gloves! Snowboard gloves are often just as good as "iceclimbing" gloves, features are similar and way cheaper.