Nike Running Watches

chelle

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

klenke said:

We are talking Nike here. (Gosh, they make watches now?). I bet the blinking is a marketing scam to get people to buy a new Nike watch. You know, like how their shoes wear out and they expect you to buy a new pair of the same brand name.

nike makes good runnign watches... i have used them for 8 years. they are light and ergonomic, but hey cost too much... you can get them discounted tho. thumbs_up.gif

My Nike watch still works, but is no longer functionally usable because the watchband has broken on me twice now. Actually, the housing has fractured at the location of one of the watchband pin holes, rendering the entire unit un-wearable. I sent it to the company and they fixed it at a cost close to a whole new watch, taking two months, then it broke again about 3 months later. I'm thinking I'll get a Suunto.

Thrashador said:

Huh?! Dig my Suunto lots. Avocet, now that was a failure prone alti-watch.

I dig my Avocet - reliable, relatively small. My Suunto was the size of a dinner plate, and broke (go to an REI-Outlet sale and count the number of broken Vectors - I was at one that had 20!)

nike makes good runnign watches... i have used them for 8 years. they are light and ergonomic, but hey cost too much... you can get them discounted tho. thumbs_up.gif

Agree thumbs_up.gif I have used the same Nike watch for about three years now of 20-30 miles per week and had the battery replaced once. Also agree on the price, though I do most of my high-end shopping via the Exchange (PX for you Army wimps). Prices much better, for instance, I bought my Suunto Vector there for $120 brand new, and I've seen the timex gps thingy for $145 - more than 100 bucks cheaper than anywhere else. rockband.gif

I looked at them when they came out with the Lance Armstrong version, but the altimeter only went to 10,000 feet. I don't know if that's changed, I just looked at the nike website to try and figure it out, but had no luck. (You can search for "watch" but not "altimeter", and none of the 25 watches that showed up in the "watch" search had an altimeter function.) They were much smaller than my Casio altimeter watch (which is about the size of a baseball.)

MisterE said:

lummox said:

i think its blinking cuz it is still in change mode. try pushing the set button again. otherwise i dont know shit.

Can you help me with my VCR?

yeah sure. i 'fixed' the fukin blinkin light on my vcr with a small piece of electrical tape. i cant see it so it dont bother me anymore.