Dog Friendly Backcountry Skiing?

erikwilker

Check out Sauk Mtn. Its above Concrete in the Skagit Valley, not too close but very nice lines on the backside. You'll have to wait till the slopes on the front consolidate fpor the approach to be safe. Check the red Beckey Guide. [big Drink]

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: avypoodle ]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best spot for dog friendly bc in the area is skyline ridge and vicinity on Steven's pass. Check out the obvious ridge across from the ski area. Park in area parking lot on the north side of road and find obvious trail / skin track heading north past employee housing area. Follow up onto the ridge and ski off south side back to the road. Scope out the myriad of other touring opportunities in the area. grin.gif" border="0

I'm relatively new to this area. I used to be able to get out and ski with just my dogs in the southern Rockies. Any recommendations on places near to Seattle that are dog friendly (ie no state or national parks) and that are not traditional avy death traps?