What Is Good In Life?

Dru

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-That feeling of condensation forming on your nostril hair below -10C when you breath in

-Being really warm in a bivy bag with morning glow on your face

-Rime ice on rock in the sun

-Feeling of takeing your pack off at the end of a really long day

-Grabbing a tree after a runout

-First shower back from a trip

As Homer Simpson would say "mmmm, climbing."

I love most things about climbing. I have a low tolerance for what is enjoyable, i.e. it may be a long scree slog but those I enjoy almost as much a the "ideal" climb. I just plain enjoy getting out there and seeing/doing. But high on the list are the following:

1553sunrise.jpg

Having a beautiful sunrise all to yourself on the summit, and then later passing the hoards on their way up and saying "yeh, I saw that" to the question of whether you saw that sunrise they viewed from the parking lot.

1553mountain-goat.jpg

Having a mountain goat step out 15' or so away while your taking break on a solo climb of one of those "scree slogs".

1553white-out.jpg

Turning around on a climb you've been wanting to do because your getting clobbered by ice fall, having the weather turn shitty, and getting down in near white-out conditions...and knowing you can come back another day because everyone is safe.

Craig