Let's rant about bureaucracy

chelle

Now that I am a student again I am remembering how many stupid bureaucratic policies and people there are at colleges/universities.

I got a letter from one of the schools I am applying to for January stating that my transcripts do not show that I meet the necessary requirements for entry.

One of which is the fact that I didn't send them my high school transcript. Thought the fact I already have a BA would negate the need to see my transcripts from 16 years ago.

Another was that I hadn't met their Algebra requirement. I guess the person doesn't realize that a person needs to successfully complete algebra before completing Calculus. I guess if I had sent the HS transcript I would have gotten credit for that one. rolleyes.gif

I don't meet their requirement for psychology classes taken, but my BA is in psych. Are these people actually reading the information I sent them?

There are many more...The letter suggests I meet with an advisor to discuss any concerns I have and to do some academic planning.

After finally getting in touch with a real person, I find out that I can meet with an adviser ONLY after I sit through a 2 hour information session on Nov. 17th so that my general questions will be answered. "I don't have any general questions, just ones specific to my application." Doesn't matter I will not get an appointment until I have been to the session.

I think I'll call back tomorrow and hope I get a different person and then I'll lie and say that I've already been to a session. madgo_ron.gif

And I'm crossing my fingers that I get into the school of my choice so I can tell EverettCC to the_finger.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehmmic,

Face it, they don't want you. Your mind is too old and contaminated by the ideals of this free market society. (Not to mention Rush!cool.gif) They want a young mind that requires only a moderate amount of scrubbing. An individual which they can mold into a rabid liberal PC animal. Can't you read the writing on the wall? Must you make them say it? the_finger.gif

I went to Group Death last year with a prescription from my surgeon for orthotics. I have pretty bad arthritis in my feet and ankles, and have a couple of related medical issues related to the chronic pain. It's pretty bad.

They told me that they would not cover the orthotics (about 350$ I think) but that they would pay for a bone fusion, or an amputation. I don't know what the amputation would have run, but I'm guessing the fusion will (eventually) set them back 8-10K. rolleyes.gif

Needless to say, I found another way to get the orthotics made. My diligence has probably already saved them more than the cost of the orthotics in prescription drugs.

If anyone else has this insurance problem with orthotics, pm me and I'll tell you the super secret way to get them made for free. Thanks to Icegirl for coming up with this brilliant idea for me.

Sorry to hear of your sitchmo, Michelle. We all run up against ridiculous beauracratic hurdles like this from time to time, but that makes it no less frustrating at the time it is happening.