REI Garage Sale this weekend...

setnei

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not really - i have a "tentative" list about 7 people long, so it's technically filled... sorry.

it might not be *that* great of a number anyway- since they only let (ahem) 200 or so in there at a time, and worst case everyone in front of me has 4-5 people on the ticket, that could be a loo0o00o0o00ong morning.

we'll see what, if anything, i can drag out of there.

I've always held the opinion that people who choose to stay in town and wait around REI all night waiting to get in to the big "garage sale" were a bit out of touch with the notion of quality recreation time- the people camping on sidewalks to get into a store to buy more gear to get outside themselves...

And it's all returns and crap gear we used to always be able to buy anytime in the bargain basement up at the old store.

They are manipulating their members into a false supply and demand scenario and generating a damn good plubicity stunt that gets on the news every year and makes me want to puke.

No, no Beck. You've got them all wrong now! Instead of sleeping like a fool on the sidewalk in your tent, you pay them $1/ticket x person and get to show up at 8 sharp with steaming latte in hand. Only then can you rummage over half of a tent and someone's old stanky hiking boots. HEY, don't forget all the fubar'd electronics! tongue.gif" border="0

I think they'd sell a lot more tickets if they provided [big Drink] and held it at midnight or something.