CNN sucks donkey dicks

allthumbs

Email sent to me by a savvy buddy of mine

Trask, I just sent the following email to CNN.

They just did a survey that showed that in excess of 80% of the respondents believe that the media is filtering the news from Iraq.

My note follows:

Since my office is in my home I turn on CNN while I have lunch. Today the entire time that I ate lunch was consumed by discussions regarding Mr. Bryant.

I have to confess to having never heard of Mr. Bryant prior to this incident and while not wanting to sound insensitive have little interest in either Mr. Bryant or his legal problems.

I cannot help but note the difference in programming between CNN in the US and the International Edition which I watch regularly in Europe. The International Edition is much more focused on “real” news stories and less so on ones that I would characterize as “sensational reports”, i.e. Mr. Bryant, Mr. Peterson et al.

Differentiate yourselves from your “newtainment” (my word) colleagues and report on the real news.

I suggest the results of your filtering poll might change in your favor if your time were spent on objective reporting of the real news issues.

-Dave

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 unfortunate circumstances involved in this: 1) news agencies are generally more interested in making a buck than reporting news these days, and 2) the Bryant trial (or whatever the scandal of the day is) sells because that's what the people want. Laying this all at the feet of the news agency is wrong. They show it because we (meaning the viewing public as a whole) want it. It's all about money, or that and pushing a political agenda in certain cases.

Agreed. Fox is just as bad with the Bryant story and others. The biggest problem with the media is they're on TV 24/7 and run out of shit to say. The most humorous news is when the local networks start trying to prepare us for the "eminent windstorm". Fuck, you'd think a goddamn hurricane was coming through, when 9 times outta 10 it's a windfart.

Ratboy said:

It's way more than just CNN. I see it almost everywhere I go these days. It's the new OJ story. I've actually starting using it as a litmus test of news sources. If they report on the Bryant case, I don't use them any more.

the gatekeepers in the media tell us what we will watch and also what we will think of what we will watch. TV news (along with the rest of the medium) is in the shitter and if you wanna try and get it outta there, you are gonna get some on ya. turn it off and get on with the begining of the rest of your lives.

trask said:

I get my morning news from cc.com - always fair and unbiased rolleyes.gif

***********NEWSFLASH!**********

This just in!

Recent studies confirm that 100% of conservative, gun-owning Republican internet users with a fondness for guns and lesbians enjoy a robust group cornholing at the local gay bath house! One study also indicated that persons calling themselves "Trask" are ten times as likely to enjoy the above activity while dressed as Madonna ca. 'Like A Virgin'!

49333.jpg

Updates to follow as new information emerges!