Green Dragon

Sol

Cruised over to Index yesterday with my bro ty to try out a litttle aiding on the upper town wall. Got to the base of the jolly green dragon a little after 10 in the am. I aided up the first 5.11 pitch, loving my first ever few cam hook moves. Ty lead the second C2 pitch, thuroughly enjoying himself in a nice little seam. After following I lead the third pitch which in our guide book was A2. my question, because I lead this pitch clean, is it still A2 because I clipped a shady knifeblade, and a bolt, or does the rating go up because we climbed it clean (which I know from this website is the norm on this route). Definetly some thought provoking pro for a short bit (for my rookie aid ass). We stopped after this pitch because it was starting to get dark, rapped down, hiked out, drank beer. In all it was an awesome day for us, litttle rain, little sun, lots of rainbows, and was the first real aiding we had done besides City Park solo, and the bolt ladder on Monkey face. I want to go back and finish the route. the fourth pitch is given an A3 rating in the guide I have, what's the clean rating, and is it much more intense than the 3rd pitch? thanks for any info.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MisterE said:

here's fairly recent instructions grin.gif

wave.gif

Same can be done with rubbing alchohol. Creates a chemical reaction causing the THC to drop from the buds/clipping creating HASH. Put it in the sun, and let the alchohol break down, and you have non-liquified goodness.

Atleast thats what i read somewhere evils3d.gifgrin.gif.

skyclimb said:

MisterE said:

here's fairly recent instructions grin.gif

wave.gif

Same can be done with rubbing alchohol. Creates a chemical reaction causing the THC to drop from the buds/clipping creating HASH. Put it in the sun, and let the alchohol break down, and you have non-liquified goodness.

Atleast thats what i read somewhere evils3d.gifgrin.gif.

LOL yelrotflmao.gif

Shouldn't this be IN THE NEW THC EXTRACTION FORUM confused.gif

Mister E is correct about a slightly higher C rating for routes. That being said, over time aid routes get easier so what was A2 in your book might be C2 now.

If you don't hammer anything the route went clean for you. That includes clipping any fixed gear ie nuts, pins, copperheads,etc. Hand placing pins is also considered clean but the second you use anything to bang into the rock it is not clean aid anymore -ie you can't use that big hex to hammer either).