Adolescent Culture

EWolfe

Found some notes I wrote about the subject.

"The exercise of defining values through fear-based processes, such as coercion and subtrefuge, is not appropriate to furthuring ourselves towards being a mature culture.

However well perfected by Church, marketers and statesmen alike, theirs is not the way towards maturity. It is the cumulative lessons of our adolescent culture that allow us to move forward. Let us find that rite of passage, and follow it."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But where do we evolve to once we are mature? Is that it? now we are mature and done evolving. Immaturity is what keeps a culture at constant change. ah, unless you believe in enlightenment. Then you allow your self to become mature, yet, be on the constant move toward change. To better the existence of our culture. More selfishly to keep ourselves learning and compressed in the unknown, thus keeping us immature. So do we ever become mature? Ah, we do based on standard set by church, marketers, and statesmen. But the fact is do we care about those standards? DO they really affect our evolutionary process? Or in fact do they only affect their own?

Fejas said:

But where do we evolve to once we are mature? Is that it? now we are mature and done evolving. Immaturity is what keeps a culture at constant change. ah, unless you believe in enlightenment. Then you allow your self to become mature, yet, be on the constant move toward change. To better the existence of our culture. More selfishly to keep ourselves learning and compressed in the unknown, thus keeping us immature. So do we ever become mature? Ah, we do based on standard set by church, marketers, and statesmen. But the fact is do we care about those standards? DO they really affect our evolutionary process? Or in fact do they only affect their own?

This from the guy who I continually confuse with Muffy? confused.gif

vegetablebelay said:

Fejas said:

Must be the chest huh

rbw1966 said:

vegetablebelay said:

Fejas said:

Must be the chest huh

hhhmmm... not quite sure if you calling me a fat ass and refering to my man boobs, of if your calling muffy flat chested...

Life has to be silly to be serious.

Fejas said:

rbw1966 said:

vegetablebelay said:

Fejas said:

Must be the chest huh

hhhmmm... not quite sure if you calling me a fat ass and refering to my man boobs, of if your calling muffy flat chested...

Life has to be silly to be serious.

FEEJEE RULES wink.gif

rbw1966 said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Fejas said:

The immaturity is the constant, it is the acting out that is to be questioned.

Shut up, turd-burglar!

DFA wants his pickle back.

to bad, I've already been beat to death and now this is my ghost posting...

Fejas said:

But where do we evolve to once we are mature?

The next stage is obviously elder wisdom

Immaturity is what keeps a culture at constant change. ah, unless you believe in enlightenment. Then you allow your self to become mature, yet, be on the constant move toward change. To better the existence of our culture. More selfishly to keep ourselves learning and compressed in the unknown, thus keeping us immature.

Maturity doesn't necessarily mean constancy, does it?

So do we ever become mature? Ah, we do based on standard set by church, marketers, and statesmen.

They would like us to believe everything is fine as we are - with adolescence comes dependency on material things to show value. Once the culture reaches maturity, that dependancy lessens significantly, and we become more reliant upon emotional and intellectual values over rampant materialism

MisterE said:

The next stage is obviously elder wisdom

You could break it down to thirty different stages, the point was, unless you believe in enlightenment, or some such state of spiritual being. There is and ending to the evolving process with out the search the learning process of new ideas.

Maturity doesn't necessarily mean constancy, does it?

Once again, not if there is something to work for beyond maturity. But if maturity is it, then yes continual actions of the same ol' process fall in line. Over and over again we act on our perceived notion of what life really is. It is this time, the time in which evolving has ceased, that can no longer be immature.

They would like us to believe everything is fine as we are - with adolescence comes dependency on material things to show value. Once the culture reaches maturity, that dependancy lessens significantly, and we become more reliant upon emotional and intellectual values over rampant materialism

Do we become less dependent? Or is it more? I have always felt the maturity in the most dependent on the meager material goods, and less apt to base life on the inner idea.

To use ones intuition and be soulfully happy with thought and not as concerned with action. To just be. Not one of us is going to change the world.

soryy had to seperate two different ideas.

Edited by Fejas