one more place cell phones don't belong

minx

shoot! people! i'm not stressed out about it. mildly annoyed. if someone had a simple clever idea, i thought it'd be worth a shot. sheesh! you're makin more out of it than i meant cantfocus.gifrolleyes.gif

i figured this group would be perfect for answering a simple question. hahaha.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Safeway, buy quart jar of honey with a wide mouth top. Remove 1/4 of the contents of the honey jar. Bring honey jar to work. When you come across one of the offending cellphones, open the jar, dip the phone in the honey. Replace. Hide the honey jar (not in your desk).

You could also try getting in front of them at a stoplight then just waiting out the entire green and making them wait behind you. That'd show them.

The Shell Oil Company recently issued a warning after three incidents in

which mobile phones (cell phones) ignited fumes during fueling operations.

In the first case, the phone was placed on the car's trunk lid during

fueling; it rang and the ensuing fire destroyed the car and the gasoline

pump.

In the second, an individual suffered severe burns to their face when fumes

ignited as they answered a call while refueling their car.

And in the third, an individual suffered burns to the thigh and groin as

fumes ignited when the phone, which was in their pocket, rang while they

were fueling their car.

Let's be careful out there, people.

jon said:

Sorry Trask, that is totally bullshit. It's not true.

all the gas stations in Canada have little "no cell phone" icons on the pumps.

and they had something from head office printed out about dangers of cell phones, on the bulletin board at the Squamish Shell last time I was standing there with legs crossed and squinting waiting for some slow dude to get out of the john!

There is a show on Discovery Channel called Mythbusters and they did prove it. They were able to ignite fumes with all sorts of different methods, including static from rubbing a PVC pipe, but they were not able to get a cell phone to do it. They had the head guy who represents the industry on and he said they have him quoted as saying that cell phone cause fires even though he never said such a thing. He said there isn't one case where a phone has caused a fire. He did say that younger people are more likely to cause a static electricity fire because of they way they get out of the car without grounding themselves verus older people.