prepare to get drenched

Formaldehead

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru, how do you approach and descend from your ice? Oh, I get it, you go climbing with some partners, get flown in by helicopter, telling your partners that it is dangerous, then while belaying them on a climb, make one get "accidentally hurt while yarding up the rope as your partner is swinging his tools, breaks his nose, and whala! An accident! "Thank god we didn't ski in and rented that chopper!!!! Coulda been an epic!" stated Dru. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

ryland_moore said:

Dru, how do you approach and descend from your ice? Oh, I get it, you go climbing with some partners, get flown in by helicopter, telling your partners that it is dangerous, then while belaying them on a climb, make one get "accidentally hurt while yarding up the rope as your partner is swinging his tools, breaks his nose, and whala! An accident! "Thank god we didn't ski in and rented that chopper!!!! Coulda been an epic!" stated Dru. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

i admit to smashing cappelini's nose but i dont think we needed to chopper or ski in to weeping wall... good old packed trails in the Rockies made by hundreds of eager ice lemmings...

anyways it is usually more efficient and faster to snowshoe in to ice climbs than to ski in boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif skiiing is for jibbing and picking up snow bunnies not a proper tool for approaches...if its skiiable terrain you could snowmobile it anyways and save time for climbing the_finger.gif

Since I dispise snowmobilers and think slednecks are no better off than ATVers or jetskiers on snow, you will never find me in a pristine mountain environment riding a snowmobile. Those folks can continue to high mark and clean up the gene pool so the average IQ will increase. I am faster on skins than snowshoes unless in a heavily treed forest and I descend faster than a guy on snowshoes meaning I can leave later (hence, climb longer) to get back to the car. Just pulling your chain, Dru.

ryland_moore said:

Since I dispise snowmobilers and think slednecks are no better off than ATVers or jetskiers on snow, you will never find me in a pristine mountain environment riding a snowmobile. Those folks can continue to high mark and clean up the gene pool so the average IQ will increase. I am faster on skins than snowshoes unless in a heavily treed forest and I descend faster than a guy on snowshoes meaning I can leave later (hence, climb longer) to get back to the car. Just pulling your chain, Dru.

They should send more bilers up on Baker in the winter...crevasses eat them for breakfast. evils3d.gif

lI1|1! said:

ryland-

cut the crap. skiing is for skiing more than skiing is for approaches. jib and be happy LOL.

fruit.gif

Skiing is both for me. If I want nice groomers and snow bunnies, that is where I go. If I have a long approach or winter/spring ascent up the volcanoes, I would take skis over snowshoes anyday. I am not up there to ski, I am up there to climb, just hate long slogs back to the TH or parking lot that is all. Obviously, you do not ski and wish you knew how. wazzup.gif