The Next Terrorism Event

RobBob

that the US experiences will be because Israel has decided to deport Arafat. Sure, I agree with all of you that the guy has been a troublemaker. But if Israel does this, keeping its settlements in place, it corroborates muslims' belief that Israel is just trying to 'do the Palestinians in.' It plays right into bin Laden's game of galvanizing muslims into a more-extreme attitude.

If GWB had any sense, he would have distanced himself from Israel until they acted to drop the settlements. We are politically inept not to use the huge $ handouts to Israel as a negotiating tool to settle the thing (at least for the time being).

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much agree with you there RobBob. It seems to me that just about everybody knows that the deal was made a long time ago and Isreal is going to have to pull out many if not most of those settlements and allow a real Palestinian state -- and we're not doing ourselves any favors by allowing them to postpone it. I believe that Isreal receives more American economic assistance than the next several nations put together, and our allignment with their policies with respect to Palestine is not only wrong, but a serious cause of trouble for us.

This kind of sucks if we all agree with each other. How's about we take it to the next level:

I think we should make a significant cut in our aid to Israel and demand that they comply with "the deal" before we are going to revise that cut; further I think we should say that if they aren't really on their way - in a very clear, concrete and convincing manner by, say, the end of one year's time, we're going to cut our aid further.

mattp said:

This kind of sucks if we all agree with each other. How's about we take it to the next level:

I think we should make a significant cut in our aid to Israel and demand that they comply with "the deal" before we are going to revise that cut; further I think we should say that if they aren't really on their way - in a very clear, concrete and convincing manner by, say, the end of one year's time, we're going to cut our aid further.

I say keep doing what we're doing. That way the world can go to pot ASAP, and I can roll in with my superior firepower and take your women for my brood mares. the_finger.gif

Winter said:

The next major terrorist attack on US soil will occur right before the presidential election next November.

Say this did occur, what impact do you think it would have on the presidential election? Would it assist Bush with increased support as was seen following 9/11? Or would a second attack be viewed as a failing of policy and hurt his popularity?

I tend to think the former based on the flag waving frenzy that followed 9/11. Any (deeper) thoughts?