Awesome Moderate Squish Link-Up

Farrgo

A friend and myself headed up to squamish this weekend to do a link-up that would climb bottom to top of the chief. Considering that neither of us had done that much multi-pitch we decided to start out easy and do Banana Peel. That climb was way easier than either of us expected so we ended up simul-climbing much of it. It's not a bad way to go at all considering that it's a mild slab and there really isn't anywhere to place protection other than slinging trees. After that we walked along Broadway then headed up Pig Dogs on Parade. It's just a straight shot up a feature-less slab, watch out for the healthy runout after the 3rd bolt on the first pitch. To finish off we went over to climb the Ultimate Everything. What a sweet climb, the moves are really varied and though it goes at 5.9+a0, most of the climbing is far easier than that. Also, every cruxy section has bolts on it so there is no need to worry about the whipper. The final pitch is fairly tricky, we had hopes of freeing it until we got up there. In the end after all sorts of ugliness we finally chopped are way to the top. Great climb, great day.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, squamish buttress kinda sux cep for the last pitch. Rock On to UE is good. I did that link-up, Diedre, and Banana peel, plus Khlanie and Cardhu crack, and finally the 1st pitch of local boys do good one day last summer for a squamish pitch legnth, el-cap day. (insert chest beating)

I scoped the dream on -anxiety state link up, but the direct unfinished symphony seemed much better.

what else...the great game-godforsaken (and visa versa)looks dumb. I'd much rather rap the last pitch of godforsaken after doing great game and lead out again.

BTW, I'm going off page 39 in the guidebook.

Smoke bluffs connection is a fun 3 pitches-wonderland or white rabbit finish (4 guidebook pitches)

Anyone done the Avalon Connection or link ups at CragX(up from despair-friction addiction-bucky ki yeah, or center street-easy does it)

Sunshine Chimney-slot machine or cream of white mice is fun.

others???

Anyone ever climbed the entire Grand Wall-roman chimney, Norther Lights, Freeway trifecta? That would be amazing. I made this up but it sounds cool.

a good harder moderate trifecta would be a combo of 3: Rock On/Squamish Butt (counts as one); Angel's Crest;Grand Wall(with Apronstring,cruel shoes,or the flake start);Millenium Falcon;Ultimate Everything(with rock on or similairly challenging approach climb).

rockband.gif

Just did most of Dream Symphony this weekend (Rapped off without doing the 11b finish because the sun was beating down on me making the "thin padding" rather difficult and slick.

Dream State / Dream Symphony climbs are not for the faint of heart. We're talking some nasty runouts here. Great climbing but you better love slab! It was an awesome climb and I'll be back to climb it in cooler weather!

michael_layton said:

Anyone ever climbed the entire Grand Wall-roman chimney, Norther Lights, Freeway trifecta? That would be amazing. I made this up but it sounds cool.

I believe Sig Isaac climbed Freeway, Grand Wall, and U. Wall, leading all pitches, in 1 day. This is a

little thread drift, as it is not exactly a "moderate" linkup! shocked.gif

actually my favorite pitch on the butt is not the crux pitch (altho it is good fun) but the one with the weird flake stricking out of the crack that you mantle on.... used to be 5.7 and suddenly got upgraded to 5.9 and hopefully will be 5.7 again in the new guide cool.gif