THE AAJ

Dru

So, first of all, y'all missed my birthday god damn it, I registered for this board Feb 8 2001, where is my cake??? I've been waiting 5 days!!!

Now, to the point, last year around this time there was some posting about the AAJ not accepting routes that were under Grade IV anymore. So in the new AAJ what do we see but tons of routes reported from Canyonlands, etc. that are like 1 or 2 pitches or Grade II or III lines on desert spires. But only one route from WA and that was Gauthier's line on Rainier I think, which has no given grade.

So - did ppl submit routes and get rejected or did you all not submit because of some possibly false rumor that routes under Gr. IV weren't going to be published?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I noticed that too, Lowell. A friend of mine soloed a new route (unless Doorish did in '72 or something) on West Garfield. He self-belayed a bunch of pitches, spent a night, probably a grade IV. Beckwith no like.Same guy and I did a route on Sloan, 3000'+, easily grade IV. Same deal, but a 1500' snow route gets in the journal.No big deal, but the 2 rock routes are the type of climbs I wouldn't mind knowing about. Anyway, blah, blah, blah.

Cheers,Mark

All together now: Fuck Christian Beckwith!!! mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Of course you can always spray here about new routes...

Unless the articles were shoddily written or something. I know 50% of the CAJ articles get rejected. But it is because they are CRAP not because of the routes not being good enough.

quote:

Originally posted by Lowell Skoog:

By the way, the Mountaineers are continuing to work on reviving the Mountaineer Annual. The effort is being driven by the History Committee. The main obstacle is finding a volunteer editor.

... and of course the successful editor must have graduated from their "Basic Editing", "Intermediate Editing" and "Editing Skills For Advanced Editors" courses first, and have Edited a party of 23 newsletters and club handbooks first.

grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by BigWallBigBallsRocky:
... and of course the successful editor must have graduated from their "Basic Editing", "Intermediate Editing" and "Editing Skills For Advanced Editors" courses first, and have Edited a party of 23 newsletters and club handbooks first.
grin.gif" border="0

Don't forget a current EOFA (editing oriented first aid) card rolleyes.gif" border="0