Grivel Alp Wing

bigwalling

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

iain said:

all I was saying is if it's way past spec, it's like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It just doesn't matter.

Not true, it isn't 'way past spec'. I've heard many people bitch about smacking the heads of their Charlet tools and dinging them to the point that they can't replace the picks. And that would suck.

I agree that there are many really good tools on the market these days, and almost all of them will work quite well.

However, to say that BD tools are more durable is just plain comical. BD is well known to put out far more unsafe (eventually recalled) gear than almost all other companies. Some of the Rage shafts came apart. I have a friend who was soloing once when the head of his Black Prophet came off the shaft! hellno3d.gif

BD makes some really good stuff, but reliability is definitely not their strength.

Colin said:

I agree that there are many really good tools on the market these days, and almost all of them will work quite well.

However, to say that BD tools are more durable is just plain comical. BD is well known to put out far more unsafe (eventually recalled) gear than almost all other companies. Some of the Rage shafts came apart. I have a friend who was soloing once when the head of his Black Prophet came off the shaft! hellno3d.gif

BD makes some really good stuff, but reliability is definitely not their strength.

Nooo, I was talking about the durability of the HEADS of the tools. rolleyes.gif

I thought you climb on Cobras, Colin.

Dru said:

i've heard of many people trying to sell their BD tools and bitching about them cause BD ice tools are so suck...

Krake6.jpg

Dru's right, I'm going to sell my Rages and climb with a giant squid in each hand. Might have to change my leashes though. rolleyes.gif