786-JOE WA

erik

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpinfox said:

It seems that everyone in the PNW likes to drive in the left lane regardless of their relative speed. I think the Canadians understand the "fast lane" concept better than Oregonians or Washingtonians. Californians seem to get it best. I guess all the road rage shootings down there have taught people a thing or two...

Since I didn't grow up here, I'm curious, do they teach "Keep right except to pass" in driver's ed in WA & OR? "Left Lane = Fast Lane" simple concept....

canada sucks ass for the lefty thing... at least in nova scotia and bc... but the cool thing is it seems average speeds are about 20 kmph over the speed limit... thumbs_up.gif at least on the freeway... but the left lane is not sacred anywhere... especially in frasier valley boxing_smiley.gif

another reason the autobahn wouldn't work here is because we don't grade or maintain our roads for shit here. imagine driving 100 mph on I5. i can think of many places that would toss anything but a high performance car right off the road or cause a flat.

On the autobahn people go way faster than 100mph. 20 years ago 200+ km per hour was not uncommon. That's something like 150mph! Now there's more traffic, so a more common speed is 160-180, which is still substantially more than 100mph. Long live Germany!

i'm guessing they dont let pickup campers and RVs and leaf peepers on the autobahn. wave.gif

what i don't understand about WA and OR drivers ed is the part where they tell you to "Wait until the fast guy pulls up behind you, tailgates you, and goes to pass you on the right, then PULL OVER SUDDENLY INTO THE RIGHT LANE AND CUT HIM OFF" confused.gif

Dru said:

what i don't understand about WA and OR drivers ed is the part where they tell you to "Wait until the fast guy pulls up behind you, tailgates you, and goes to pass you on the right, then PULL OVER SUDDENLY INTO THE RIGHT LANE AND CUT HIM OFF" confused.gif

Bullshit.

WA drivers only pull out of the passing lane at their exit.

I did have a WA driver tell me that he intentionally slows down while in the left lane when drivers come up behind him. rolleyes.gif