Need Transmission Work/Any Recommendations?

mammut_rep

The transmission in my 2000 Grand Caravan has gone out again. The first one went out at 48000 miles. This one lasted only to 93000 miles. The dealership wants to replace it, but I'm thinking I should get a second opinion. Does anyone have any suggestions on a reliable, reasonable mechanic in the Seattle area? Has anyone experienced similar problems with their Dodge transmissions? If so, who worked on it for you? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. Give Edward's automotive on Aurora a call. Back when drove the last domestic vehicle I will ever own, they were always on the level. If it was an expensive repair they'd tell me how long the car would run without the repair, what the cheapest fix was, what the best fix was, and let me choose whatever option would work for me.

Other advice: Once it's fixed, cut your losses. Sell it and get a Toyota.

The Caravan has been plagued with trany problems forever. Get ugly...ask to talk with the regional rep for Dodge. Tell them that this has been an on going problem with the Caravan and you want to have the trany free and the labor at 1/2 cost. Dodge picks up the rest. If that does not make them happy go to the next level. You will probably settle for 1/2 of the entire job but start out hard and be firm but respectful. bigdrink.gif