Davis-Holland

wscottf

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wscottf said:

I've never done Davis-Holland before and I was wondering how it compares to Thin Fingers, Breakfast of Champions, Godzilla.

Any beta?

Thanks!

p1 == lieback like p1 of Toxic Shock. #3 camalot down low then several committing moves.

p2 long (130ft +) and kinda enduro. Not too many rests, it eats gear around #1 camalot size but widens up alot right before anchors, so #3 or #4 helpful there. Its not really like BOC or Heart of Country because its not as steep, but a little more technical and longer.

p3 is more face-y than crack. more technical, less sustained than p2

p1 hard for 5.9

p2 'bout right. Would be nice to have about 3 .75 Camalots

p3 easy for 10c. Small wires for crux.

p4 hard for 10b go right then left then right then up

p5 easy for 10c if you go up the chimney then to the easy hand traverse (the easy one, up a bit higher, not the sucker one right after the squeeze that diagonals down). HB offset about size 5 or 6 or so (about the size of a #6 or #7 WC Rock, but offset like an HB offset) key piece for me. The yard on the sling way is not easy for 10c.

p6 hard for 5.9 unless you do one of the easy weasel way outs

You can use a #4 Camalot on p's 3 and 4.

Info to help you decide which leads to take: cool.gif

Good belays atop p's 1,3,5. Cramped belays above p's 2 and 4. Also pitches 2,4,6 seemed scarier relatively (as long as you have that key HB offset). Best pitches 2,4,5.

hooker..? yea i'm pretty slutty... i'll get it on wit anyone... smileysex5.gif lookin for a pimp... to get me some tricks for wa pass this weekend... johns? where you at? wave.gif lovin arms was cool last afternoon tho right as i finished the 4th pitch the shit came down and by the time ken4 reached the belay we were drenched!.. jungle love hahaha.gifbigdrink.gifyelrotflmao.gif sweet livin'