Suck! vancouver gets 2010 games

JoshK

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

they are already working on the road to whistler, have you been in cheakamus canyon lately....

they better not blow up my routes! madgo_ron.gif

That makes me wonder about about a couple of things:

Roadside bouldering at base of apron?

Routes across from Murrin Park?

CASBC is on the case about murrin already. dont think they are planning any blasting there. its only supposed to be 2 lane with passing lanes from porteau to squamish anyhow...basically what is already there.

as for apron p/l given how popular it is one hopes they are smart enough to expand lane the other way (west side) instead; would also require less blasting etc so prob. cheaper

anyway we all know they never close the road on w/ends which is the only time American climbers visit Squamish anyway so YOU wont be inconvenienced at all rolleyes.gif

Hey! That's good news that they aren't doing the whole thing in 4-lane! (I was thinking the cost to cut would be phenominal, esp. in canadian $ boxing_smiley.gif)

Hope your Cheakamus routes survive the blasting,

and glad you survived the weekend!!

Thinker said:

JoshK said:

I wonder if they'll chase out climbers as part of a "rid the town of homeless people" push for the olympics? hahaha.gifhahaha.gif

Our driver in SLC said the city had rounded up many of the homeless people there prior to the olympics and gave them a one way bus ticket to Las Vegas.

If you work it right, you may be able to get the same deal.

lol.