Fernow, Clark/Luahna, or Boston day trip?

Superman

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did Clark in a day from the TH to the base of the glacier, because of time restraints, sergio and I had to turn around at 1pm. THat's a long ways in I tell ya, 10.5 miles to Boulder Pass, then up and around and onto the glacier. Beckey says it's 5 hours from Boulder Pass, and I dont know the exact mileage from there to the summit, but I owuld guess 2-3, and it's 2500 elevation gain from the pass to the summit.

We could have done it, and would probably be about 16 hours RT I would guess. Damn it was hot out there today - Oh yeah, take bikes up the first 4 miles, it is damn quick in and out. We did the first 4 miles in 45 minutes up and out

scot'teryx said:

- Oh yeah, take bikes up the first 4 miles, it is damn quick in and out. We did the first 4 miles in 45 minutes up and out

Using bikes is prohibited in wilderness areas, which you doubtless know. Don't be an asshole, asshole.

I don't think bikes do as much damage to trails as horses do, and they're allowed in a lot of wilderness areas. wazzup.gif I've run into bikers in areas they're not supposed to be in, as long as they aren't running me over or running me off the trail I'm not going to hassle them.