Lillooet Ice Fest Entertainment

Dru

I will bring the magic marker next weekend for us all to inscribe that "FEAR" in big letters.

Can you believe when I went to the Rockies over Christmas, I left my camera at home. I could have shot 4 or 5 rolls conditionswere beautiful for photography.

I am a stupid git! Too much weed no memory! mad.gif" border="0

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
Can you believe when I went to the Rockies over Christmas, I left my camera at home.

I am a stupid git! Too much weed no memory!
mad.gif" border="0

I've always noticed the pictures that I take looked way more impressive in person. Also, how many pics of your partner's bum or head do you need?

-Heinous

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
Maybe I should call my show Liquid Courage Aspirations. I seem to drum up all these climbs I want to do when I am drunk
grin.gif" border="0[big Drink]

Ah yes, liquid courage and beer goggles. What you are handed after lots of [big Drink] . Hmm, I wonder how much smaller the world's population would be if alcohol had never been created. Is there such a thing as pot goggles? Dru?

-Heinous

quote:

Originally posted by Heinouscling:

I've always noticed the pictures that I take looked way more impressive in person. Also, how many pics of your partner's bum or head do you need?

-Heinous

I guess you might benefit from a photography course then.

Unsure if slide shows are the way to go on such occasions, especially those with "famous" people. It's the locals (those that frequent the place) that have made the climbing what it is. The last time they brought in someone famous, he bolted a route (for teaching purposes) that locals had been probing pretty hard, ground-up, sans drill. Slide shows also suffer the same problem as movies do on a first date; nobody talks and you really don't get a chance to meet one another.

GB

quote:

Originally posted by fishstick:
Unsure if slide shows are the way to go on such occasions, especially those with "famous" people. It's the locals (those that frequent the place) that have made the climbing what it is. The last time they brought in someone famous, he bolted a route (for teaching purposes) that locals had been probing pretty hard, ground-up, sans drill. Slide shows also suffer the same problem as movies do on a first date; nobody talks and you really don't get a chance to meet one another.

GB

I am down for some sort of entertainment. Fishneck you can leave the premises when and if a slide show occurs in order for you to meet people grin.gif" border="0 I dont care if it is local or famous just make it entertainment! Better than standing around doin the dickdance drinkin beer at a bar like you always can do [Moon]

There are no classes scheduled for the day. I personally don't care that it was Will rather than Lyle who bolted the wall next to Old Dogs. Lyle didnt seem too choked by it either... I DO care that Will gave us a paragliding slide show at an ice climbing festival. [sleep][sleep]mad.gif" border="0

In the Legion hall at least you can always shoot pool or play shuffleboard if you dont want to watch the slides. Or go downstairs and watch vids - hopefully we wont have to see Beyond Gravity again. That film is seriously dull after anbout the 2nd viewing.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]

I dont care for paragliding shows either. Show me some gnarly old Brit climbing up some rock climb with his picks and I am happy grin.gif" border="0

I dont care about those bolts either...

Clinic sminic IMHO.

[big Drink] down the beers and get some rocking smack talkin' guy to give a show if he wants. I dont care if it him climbing Honeyman falls or PlanB just as long as it is not too dull. Plus with the liquor flowing it will surely make it more entertaining than normal.

Cavey,

Normally when I walk into a room filled with 50 friends, and another potential 150 like minded souls, I don't turn on the TV or wish someone would instruct others to shut up so they can show slides. If you want that sort of entertainment, turn on the discovery channel, or better yet, survivor. Why travel to the middle of BF nowhere to watch slides like you can at home?

GB

quote:

Originally posted by fishstick:
Cavey,

Normally when I walk into a room filled with 50 friends, and another potential 150 like minded souls, I don't turn on the TV or wish someone would instruct others to shut up so they can show slides. If you want that sort of entertainment, turn on the discovery channel, or better yet, survivor. Why travel to the middle of BF nowhere to watch slides like you can at home?

GB

Like I said if it occurs just get some fresh air. Here smell this fresh air [Moon]

I dont have 50 friends up there so leave the bah humbug tude where you picked it up at. The Discovery Channel doesn't come in up there just 50 channnels of hockey.

I gain more inspiration from a good slide show other than some spray which is entertaining as well.

[chubit]

Hey Gord there will be hours and hours to talk we are talking about an hour or two of slides out of what, 5PM to 2 AM, 10 hours of standing around, chatting and drinking.

Also my understanding is that slides would show while we are eating so perfect opportunity to watch stuff while you stuff your face and less sprayage of food from talking while eating.

I like slide shows.

Cavey,

Funny you should mention the skating thing. A friend and I once spent an enjoyable week pulling on tools in the Rockies, but the real focus of the trip was to find a copy of the Katarina Witt issue of of Penthouse. She provided us with more laughs than all the climbing and road epics combined.

Could she give a slide show?

GB

It never ceases to amaze me what material gets censored here. We can spew like loggers with the foulest mouths around. We can talk of body liquids, male butt love and other pleasantries, but post a goofy picture of a chainsaw-woodcarving of a penis and it's censored poste haste. Go figure? I'm confused. confused.gif" border="0

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: trask ]

So, I have been told that negotiations are still underway to get some "famous climber" to give a slide show at the Ice Fest. My buddy Brent volunteered to organize this but just took off for a week of skiin' and expects to get his organizing done when he gets back on the 14th or thereabouts. So he asked me if I knew anybody that wanted to be plan B in case they cant get Raphael Slawinski to show up or whatever.

So: anybody out there that could put together about an hour's show worth of ice climbing-related slides and wants to do so at the Ice Fest, please give Brent Nixon a hard time at brentnixon@hotmail.com.