Stealin' at the Chair

LhotseDreems

Hey guys.

Just some info. Yesterday while climbing Chair Peak we left our poles in the bowl just below the switchbacks up to the notch, we'd pick 'em up on our way down. Well, when we got back, they weren't there anymore. Man, that really sucks. We didn't leave 'em there haphazardly either, rather in a neat pile awaiting our return. mad.gif" border="0 If you have heard of anyone scoring some poles (we assume they were not climbers) please ask them to return them. LhotseDreams@aol.com

Also, it may be a good idea to watch where you ditch your ski's and stuff from now on.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

Thanks for sharing in our pain, Nick wants to know if he can now borrow some poles for next weekend??

We did the Face, and it was actually a good time. I particularly liked the mixed traverse on the 3rd pitch, but most of the "fun" was left up to my partner. Hey, thanks for breakin' in the trail smile.gif" border="0

My buddy got his poles stolen from where he stashed them about half way in on the approach to the Temple of Kangaroo Ridge a few years ago. Not where some pedastrian would be strolling along. Either some jerkwad climber/hiker, or a really big marmot w/ opposable thumbs.

Yeah, so much for the "brotherhood of the rope", right? You basically have to hide the stashed gear, or only leave really crappy gear that nobody would want. Pick up a pair of poles at the Goodwill..maybe they're worth a couple of bucks, maybe they don't telescope, but they're fine for snowshoe trips, and if somebody does swipe them, you're only inconvenienced.

Goodwill nothing, there's probably still a pair of ski polls stashed along the "Treeroot Scramble" up to Lake Serene my buddy and I left several years ago. If you can find 'em, you can have 'em, none of us was ever tempted to go back and look, what w/ that fancy new trail they built.

Erik Snyder and I were another party on N. Face of Chair yesterday (I think we were the second team up yesterday -- there may have been a third after us). Sorry about the poles. Are you the guys from B'ham/Everett? We took our poles on the climb, but left our snowshoes in the basin, were they stayed faithfully until our return.

To answer Dan's question, the route was not bad, but more ice and more consolidated snow will make it more fun and safer.

Cheers,

John

John,

No, we're from Renton. .. someone else loose their poles, too??

Glad that your shoes stayed there smile.gif" border="0

We think we saw the dudes that took 'em. They were just wondering around looking very out of place, but being on the 2nd pitch we weren't in a good position to do much.

Thanks.

Lani