Fuck Hollywood

allthumbs

....don't forget the "Unabomber" matt! I believe he had a copy of "Earth in the Balance" in his shack.

We could both dig up a litany of killers on both sides of the political spectrum, here in our country and around the world. However, you were the one who put forth the premise that liberals were just a little "smug" but otherwise harmless. I never claimed that extreme right-wingers were a benign lot.

And I believe it was that magazine photo (Rolling Stone?) with the naked Dixie Chicks on the cover....they have dozens of words like "traitor" and "treason" printed on their bodies...It was the dixie Chicks themselves claiming their free speech rights were being stifled. I'll say again; the free market can decide what is free speech ala Jesse Jackson, or whomever. As long as it isn't the government denying us that right, I'm OK with it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairweather:

Are you saying that the Unibomber was a liberal because he had a copy of "the earth in balance?" Come now. The guy was a freak, and most definitely NOT a liberal - he was some kind of anti-everything radical.

You complain that it was I who made the broad statement that liberals are harmless, but actually it was n98947 who made the broad assertion that "liberals" are more prone than those on the "right" to resort to name calling, screaming and burning things, and I believe that what I pointed out is true: radicals from either end of the spectrum engage in bombings and burning things, but for the last twenty years the right wingers have vastly outweighed the left wingers in this respect - probably by a factor of ten to one in this country, at least. And for name calling, I don't think the left can even come close to the right.

So the Dixie Chicks said their free-speech rights were being violated. Is this the liberal hypocrisy that you find so distasteful?

rbw1966 said:

n98947 said:

Oh and by the way genius, it is the 1st amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Wrong wizard. Its the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

OK, OK, only cause you chimmed in RBW...not wrong exactly. The Bill of Right is the first 10 amendments of the Constitution. Amendment 1 of the Bill of rights does deal with the freedom of speech, among others. I will grant you that they are more or less one in the same. Now go donate $10 to the Bush/Cheney 2004 reelection fund (for the history lesson). GO GOP rockband.gif