Let's Start Chanting...

Peter_Puget

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What negativity. What inspires such posts? Anyway considering that the old one is hard to find if you don’t have one or lost your copy, you are missing EVERYTHING! But it would be nice to have a groovy topo of Pearly Gates or directions to the Criss Cross Cracks - which are the best cracks in the area.

PP bigdrink.gif

SNAAKES IT FURTHER EAST THEN THAT

THATS NOT THE "NEW" BOLTED LINE WITH BOLTS NEXT TO GEAR PLACEMENTS IS IT??

YOU GUYS NOTICE HOW MANY HORIZONTAL GEAR PLACEMENTS HAVE BEEN GETTING BOLTS AS OF RECENT IN THE ICICLE???

I SURE HAVE.

vik told me last weekend most likely the book will be out before first of june but after memorial wkend...or was it coming out this memorial weekend...ahh, forget it... cantfocus.gif

Who give a fuk; it will be out soon... just hold your horses!

AND there is definitely more bolted horizontal cracks these days... What gives??? (crackbolter? or slap? wanna say anything here????)

keep it real dudes... if there is a killer rp placement don't bolt it... run it out like the brits!

bigdrink.gif

Szyjakowski said:

AND there is definitely more bolted horizontal cracks these days... What gives??? (crackbolter? or slap? wanna say anything here????)

keep it real dudes... if there is a killer rp placement don't bolt it... run it out like the brits!

bigdrink.gif

I couldn't agree more! You should go check out the route and see for yourself. I thought there were maybe a couple of extraneous bolts. And yeah, peter, its pretty fun but needs more travel.The last pitch is pretty sweet.

Climbed at Bathtub Dome and the Condomorphine route last weekend. The bolts on CA are a crazy cantfocus.gif. Man, talk about a low stress climb rolleyes.gif. I've never seen anything like it.

Bathtub Dome is cool. Quite a contrast. Those two 5.9 routes are thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif. Heady leads.

Hey stop turning this vital thread into a snoozefest. But since you brought up bolts, does anyone remember if the bolts on Stevens Pass Motel are old ¼” ones that I seem to remember. Does anyone else think that they were placed in completely bogus positions? Does the crack take TCUs well? I remember stoppers were at best a pain to place and the crack being shallow.

PP

bigdrink.gif

I've looked at SPM on rap and it looks like it would take gear well as you should know. The bolts look good to me. the only thing that looked scary was the top. I think the pin below the top looked old and rusty but it looked like you could get something in.

Szyjakowski said:

vik told me last weekend most likely the book will be out before first of june but after memorial wkend...or was it coming out this memorial weekend...ahh, forget it... cantfocus.gif

Who give a fuk; it will be out soon... just hold your horses!

bigdrink.gif

Yeah, I did it all... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif