Thanks to our armed forces!

Fairweather

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I'm not sure what you meant by the post but I would strongly advise you to check out the context of this quote. It's not what you think. Or, what I think you think it means. Do you know where it comes from or did you just snatch it from the web somewhere?

Luna said:

Um, I'm not sure what you meant by the post but I would strongly advise you to check out the context of this quote. It's not what you think. Or, what I think you think it means. Do you know where it comes from or did you just snatch it from the web somewhere?

You been reading that liberal, Christopher Hitchens' book? What a crock. Surely the left doesn't lay total claim to Orwell. His anti-autocratic government politics lend the above quote the relevance it needs vis-a-vis the dictatorship that Saddam and his Ba'athist party represent(ed). I'm not saying Orwell (Blair) was a right-winger by anyone's definition, but if the quote fits...

Actually, I can't recall the precise origin of the quote ("Notes on Nationalism"?) but regardless, it is commonly used and fits the current climate well as I see it. I do, in fact sleep better at night knowing that our armed forces are ready to defend my family and country. If you don't like that, too bad.

Don't make me start quoting Stonewall Jackson!

trask said:

Fejas said:

"A few good men"

Speaking of Jack Nicholson, I caught him in "Anger Management" last night. The dude is pure genius and his crazy facial expressions are phenomenal. Great movie all in all, although less than stellar ending.

OOOOOO.... I wanna see that so bad, I was to bizzy this weekend to go... I dig both Jack and Adam... TMFD