Lightless fools in shorts

mr.radon

Once again I've run into some lightless wonders on Mount Si. Our Thursday hiking group left the trailhead at 4:30, about 10 minutes behind three hikers in shorts and T-shirts. We passed one on the way up and met the other two when we topped out to the most beautiful summit view I’ve ever had from Si.

The three shorts & T-shirted hikers enjoyed the view with a bottle of Henesy, now they have taste or what? We headed down as the sun was setting while the three remained at the top. Just before the 2 mile marked the three come hauling past us. We caught up to them just after the 2 mile marker sitting in the middle of the trail, NO HEADLAMPS!

Well if we didn’t happen along they had plenty of Henesy to keep themselves warm through the night!

160975-CC1.jpg.c8712d87137a7547bb0a953b754ca56d.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my most odd encounter on mt si was a very early morning hike a few years back in January, I started out early to catch the sunrise and to get some solitude and to work on my project on my new line "the cougars ass" on the haystack.... anyhow

about half way up i encountered a group of about 15 college aged black gentelman, walking in complete silence. All but two of them were wearing burlap sacks as a top and had a half dozen rotten bannanas strung around there necks via a string. in their backpacks was the eleventh essential.... not hc, but a frat paddle. I chuckled and said "GOOD MORNING PLEDGES"

they didn't seem to find that humorous and continued their death march. wave.gif

about half way up i encountered a group of about 15 college aged black gentelman, walking in complete silence. All but two of them were wearing burlap sacks as a top and had a half dozen rotten bannanas strung around there necks via a string. in their backpacks was the eleventh essential.... not hc, but a frat paddle. I chuckled and said "GOOD MORNING PLEDGES"

Back when I was at UC, Irvine I was going to the library late in the day and saw two pledges from Alpha Phi Alpha, a black fraternity. Each pledge carried a brick in each hand and was doing a shuffle, while chanting A-Fa-the SUPER Frat, A-Fa-A-Fa-A...(Say what!?!) A-Fa-A-the SUPER Frat, A-Fa-A-Fa-A...(Say what!?!)...