Sweet 16

nolanr

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, good one. Hey, most pro baseball players don't even go to college, they go straight to the minors out of high school. And how many of them cats they smuggle out of the Dominican Republic or Cuba or wherever when they're 17 years old speak English? boxing_smiley.gif

Nupe, I am aware of the problem in other sports as well....just not as obvious and out-of-control as basketball. Look, I don't want to argue with you about this shit. I love most sports and played many from peewees on up. I just don't like the big money game. Professional sports on the whole are in the shitter in my opinion. We got nobody to blame but ourselves for supporting and encouraging the fuckers either. And not trying to pull the race card here, but I say, "where all da white boyZ be at?" At least have a 50/50 split of black and white for gawd sakes.

bigdrink.gif Yeah, no need to argue. It's funny, I actually think something is wrong when I see too many white boys on the court at one time during a b-ball game. The whole idea of college athletics has gotten pretty ridiculous, to call them "amateurs" while the schools, athletic conferences, and the NCAA are rolling in $$$ is kinda laughable. Nothing amateur about it, it's just cheap labor. I can see why kids accept $50 handshakes. Coming outta school w/ wads of cash and brand spankin' new cars you know those broke ass kids didn't buy for themselves, well that's a bit different.

Ya DRU, I agree hockey rules! I grew up with that in Yooper Land. The other sports that rule are free style, Greco-Roman, collegiate wrestling etc. If I were to pick sports to watch and participate in besides skiing and climbing these would fill the bill. Check out these web sites. http://www.martial-way.com/

http://www.collegiate-wrestling.com/

Trask, the best thing about wrestling so far is there is no trash talk allowed, and dirty wrestlers either get caught or someone gets fed up with it and they pay. I was involved in the wrestling game for about 10 years. I respected those young men for the pain and frustration they endured not only on the mat and in the training rooms but at the hands of the moron basketball players. We tried to get the basketball coaches to help, but they said it was beyond their ability. What their players did off the court was not in their ability to curb. Needless to say our relationship with that coaching staff fell apart.

The football staff loved our wrestlers though. They said they were some of the best workers they had on the team, plus they knew how to work a body for maximum impact and slam.

Don't forget WWE Wrestlemania, Safeco Field, Tomorrow at 4:30 pm.

I'd rather watch crackball than mens basketball.

Joe

P-L-E-A-S-E, don't EVEN consider that trash in the same league as what I posted. It would be like comparing Mexican rag weed to Matanuska Thunderfuck or BC Bud.

http://www.thecannabible.com/gallery/strains.htm

Edited by sisu_suomi