Mapping Software

juuuugroid

It looks like this topic hasn't been discussed since around 2005.  What mapping software do people here use to create routes or make post-trip maps?  There are a number of online services, but I find I get tired of the subscription fees.  Anybody use desktop software where you can use it as much as you want and save as many files as you want without an additional service charge?  I don't mind buying software at all; just not subscription software.  

• 3 months later...

I use ArcGIS Desktop for creating routes and post-trip maps. It’s a desktop GIS software suite that allows you to create maps, perform spatial analysis and manage data. You can use it as much as you want and save as many files as you want without an additional service charge.

11 hours ago, olyclimber said:

Same. I used/still use Gaia GPS for a long time but they were bought and now my photos no longer sync from my phone with the free version.  I really like the typos on CalTopo, now my go to when researching an area.

Best typo ever!

• LMAO 1