New Guide to B.C.Alpine Climbing

wayne

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see Wayne, you really weren't supposed to see that book. Its a huge secret that we Canuckleheads are trying to keep to ourselves. So mind your own damned business! Just kidding. All the routes in Chilliwack are killer, the North Rib on Slesse is underrated next to its more famous neighbour, the NE Buttrash. A traverse of the Rexford group is about the best damned day in the mountains you could have, and the two eastern ridges are nice too. Beware though, not all of the routes are weekendable, even from Vancouver. Any route in the Chehalis is going to be a hell of a lot more enjoyable if you've got three days. I've heard Wahoo Tower is mind-blowing -- if you can swing a helicopter. Steinbok Arete is one of the best kept secrets in BC -- hard and clean on the upper bits. Yep, pretty much all the routes are good and there's lots not in the book!

yeah, i got ahold of that guide and found myself on the NE Arete of wedge mountain. beautiful route/area, and you only need two days car-car. you wont be disappointed, and if somehow you are, wedge is one of the higher summits in the area, so you will be able to scope out a whole bunch of other mountains. have fun.