$25, 1.5 lbs, 30 degree sleeping bag

Dustin_B

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buy it and let us know. what are you looking for in something like that?? certainly not denali.

but alot of time in the summer, i dont even take a bag, just my red coat and a tarp. so imagine this will suffice for that.

I don't plan on buying it. I have a 30 degree down bag that weighs 1.5 lbs but I paid about 10 times as much as this one is going for. I wouldn't use either on Denali.

A friend of mine was looking for a cheap, light bag so he brought it to my attention. If you are on a REALLY tight budget I wonder if it would really work.

Alpine_Tom said:

That looks pretty cool. I need to get a lightweight sleeping bag for my five-year-old for this summer for mini-backpacking outings, and this looks like just the ticket.

Well, I ordered it, emboldened by the "100% satisfaction guarantee" and it came, and... man is it thin! Envsion a couple of sheets of nylon with, I don't know, I few stray packing peanuts sewed in between. I don't think Peter would stay warm sleeping in it in the house! I can't imagine what they're thinking, calling it a 30degee bag.

But it's light, and it's small -- it packs into a stuff bag the size of my down coat's.