• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
tbunch

review Self destructing boots!

I pulled my Asolo AFS 103's off the shelf, doing a gear check for the upcoming season like we do, and, well, just look at them.

[img:center]http://people.omnigroup.com/tom/images/BootsForSale.jpg[/img]

I can't believe it! They're barely even 25 years old! Do you think Dave Page can do anything? Would you like to buy them, cheap?

Ok, I guess it's time to check out that new Gear Deals section we have. I think I'm looking for a good boot for slogging up volcanoes that can make the crossover to moderate ice if you'd care to nominate one.

Edited by tbunch

That's ridiculous. Have you contacted Asolo to check on the warranty? I'd call an attorney and get a suit filed ASAP!

I am giving away a pair of Scarpa Invernos with Inuition liners. Size 9-9.5. They are used, but by the looks of it in considerably better shape than yours. Let me know if you are interested.

years ago I bought a pair or AFS 101's .... for "plastics", turned out to be the biggest pieces of shit I'd ever owned.

Took'em back to REI and picked up some Koflach Arctis Extreme's .. best pair of plastics I have ever owned

Oh, thanks for the offer but that would require painful surgery!

My current plan is to go out and win the lottery, then buy some La Sportiva Nepal EVO GTXs. The 103s are in the trash. If anyone wants to dumpster dive I'll give you the address.

What size boot do you wear? I will happily hook you up with a free pair of plastics, if they are your size.

Men's 12.5/46. I'm waffling a little bit about where I want to fall on the comfortable for approach/skiable/technical climbing spectrum. My life would need some major reconstruction before I'm doing anything very technical in them.

Hmmm, might be a tight fit. My boots are a large size 9, perhaps 9 1/2.

I would have thought it would be easier to give a pair of boots away, especially ones with $150 Intuition liners AND green Superfeet insoles.