Little Tahoma, South Face, May 13-14, 2012

CascadeClimber

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall that Gary Brill and a friend climbed a route in that vicinity from Paradise in winter in the late 1970s. I'm surprised that Beckey's guide doesn't seem to mention anything on that side (based on a very quick skim of the book). I can't remember whether Gary ever wrote up his climb.

Loren, Very nice! Oh, and what is "old"?

It is a relative term. Reading Blakes TR for Valkyrie is cool and I view him as a 'young' guy. I meant old relative to guys Blake's age. I recall running repeats on Mt Si. There was a H.S. basketball team walking up. One of the players asked "Sir, do you mind telling me how old you are?" "40" I replied. He shook his head as he couldn't imagine how someone my age could run up Mt Si.

It is a relative term. Reading Blakes TR for Valkyrie is cool and I view him as a 'young' guy. I meant old relative to guys Blake's age. I recall running repeats on Mt Si. There was a H.S. basketball team walking up. One of the players asked "Sir, do you mind telling me how old you are?" "40" I replied. He shook his head as he couldn't imagine how someone my age could run up Mt Si.

Relative indeed. My climbing partners give me the: "man, I hope I'm able to do half the stuff you're doing when I'm your age"...

Getting older is beautiful if a person takes good care of themselves along the way. Oh and a bit of luck comes in handy as well.

d

• 3 weeks later...
I recall that Gary Brill and a friend climbed a route in that vicinity from Paradise in winter in the late 1970s. I'm surprised that Beckey's guide doesn't seem to mention anything on that side (based on a very quick skim of the book). I can't remember whether Gary ever wrote up his climb.

I checked with Gary and determined where he climbed. See photo below:

0732-010-Little-Tahoma.jpg

The red line on the left shows the Campbell/Gauthier route. The green line in the middle shows the route Gary Brill took way back when. The purple line on the right is the normal route from the Ingraham Glacier up Little Tahoma. Congrats on an attractive looking route.