Kids' Rope-Up 2004

Bug

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the kids had a blast. You parents who showed up with them did a great job of giving them a special time!

Sorry about Meredith. Dru, leave the picture there. She's cute and hey, it won't be the last picture of a kid with some wound that we'll see. Looks like she's okay, and boys dig chicks with a history wink.gif.

Kids will misbehave and throw stuff at each other and do unimaginable things. It's tough to prevent it. It's irresponsible not to react to it appropriately, though, and Dru's example of a timeout is a widely accepted way of doing that (no treats is good too, if they get treats at all). My kids will do stupid things to each other. I can't always watch them and prevent it. At the same time, I will not ignore them and not react appropriately.

But hey, really, this thread should be to celebrate people getting off their butt and braving a bad forecast in order to give time to their kids to do something cool and out of their ordinary. I'll bigdrink.gif to that! rockband.gif on!

drC

how did my name appear in this post? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif i am not bug. rumours to the contrary hahaha.gif

We were a bunch of 6-8 year olds sitting around the campfire with our dads and we were being obnoxious. Finally they said, "go make your own fire". So one of the kids took a flaming brand and we started out own little camp fire several yards away.

One of the kids got a little too enthusiastic and put so much wood on he extinguishing the fire. Another kid ran off saying, "I know how to get it going again". He came back with a styrofoam cup. I said, "what's in the cup". He said, as he was pouring it on the fire, "gasoline". WHOOSH! A wall of flame shot up right next to my face. It was a miracle nobody got burnt.

Hey Bug,

We were one of the wimps who bailed due to the forecast last weekend (combined with a general lack of enthusiasm on the part of my teenager), but we said we would participate so I am happy to pay my share. PM me with the address, and I will get you $20.

John