Sign in to follow this  
BluePanda

Rainier Pardner 2018

Looking for a partner to tackle Rainier in 2018, summer, whenever conditions are right.  I can do 5 days, possibly around the 4th of July weekend.  I have basic self-arrest skills, own crampons, ice axe, and helmet.  I'm fit.  

Hi, My name is Diana, and I'm also looking for rainier climbing partners for next year. I'm based out of the Northeast and was planning to do some training in the White Mountains this winter. As far as other climbing / mountaineering experiences go I recently did guided ascents of Chimborazo and Cayambe (~6000m) this last May (~6000m). I own the same gear (I don't own any rope though) and also consider myself pretty fit. Let me know if you think you'd be interested!

Also trying to conquer Rainier this summer. I have all the gear just not real familiar with roping up.

I'm taking a crevasse rescue and glacier travel course 4th of July weekend on Baker with AAI so after that I should have enough knowledge to rope up.

mburrn - are you taking that course the weekend before the 4th, or after?, What really brings me to the West Coast is a a friend's wedding in Portland on June 30th, so I would be looking to do rainier either the following week (4th of July week) or the week before

I am also planning a couple trips this coming year. i have been up Rainier a couple times and i am familiar with the standard route (dc) but open to Emmons as well. I have all the equipment, ( ropes, tent, cooking etc.) I would be interested in joining up for a 2 or even a 3 day climb. 

I was considering Ingraham Glacier or Dissapointment Cleaver, however, I wouldn't be opposed to trying others like Kautz glacier if I'm going with people that have more experience than me. Nick and Climber81, any preference on routes?, Which ones have you done before?

I've done the DC, Ingraham Direct, and Emmons routes before. Of the three Emmons was my favorite, so I wouldn't mind doing that again. I've also had my eye on Kautz as well, and would love to try that route if others are up for it.

I have only been up the dc route, but I would love to try emmons or kautz as well. I heard Emmons is a lot of fun, and a great alternative to the weekend congestion on the standard route. Hey Nick, how many times you plan on getting out this year??? My schedule is easy to mold around climbing. 

I personally like the sound of Emmons! I think my schedule is probably the least flexible, but i'll just throw it out there that I would have a strong preference for going the last week of June

My schedule is fairly flexible. I'm hoping to get out on at least four Rainier trips this year - early spring Gibraltar Ledges, late spring Fuhrer Finger, early summer Kautz, and mid summer Tahoma Sickle, but I wouldn't mind going on an Emmons trip somewhere in there.

13 hours ago, Nick Magill said:

My schedule is fairly flexible. I'm hoping to get out on at least four Rainier trips this year - early spring Gibraltar Ledges, late spring Fuhrer Finger, early summer Kautz, and mid summer Tahoma Sickle, but I wouldn't mind going on an Emmons trip somewhere in there.

Well I have never been on any of those routes but would definitely be up for it if you dont find anyone else to go with. I have been up the standard rout a couple times and summits on many other cascade peaks. 

On 12/4/2017 at 10:47 PM, Climber81 said:

I have only been up the dc route, but I would love to try emmons or kautz as well. I heard Emmons is a lot of fun, and a great alternative to the weekend congestion on the standard route. Hey Nick, how many times you plan on getting out this year??? My schedule is easy to mold around climbing. 

I'd be super interested in emmons or Kautz.  Have all gear, including MH 3 person 4 season tent.  I'm off from June 15 - September 1, so I have a very flexible schedule.  I'd ideally like to do a few routes.  My goal for this summer, as ambitious as it may be, is DC in a car to car push.

In that case I'll plan for Kautz sometime in 6/16-6/22 and the sickle sometime in 6/30-7/5 if enough people are interested. Emmons lasts well into August, so I'm thinking August for Emmons. 

Gib ledges or Fuhrer Finger will be good routes from now until early May or so.

Hi All,

Also interested in a Rainer climb in 2018, I have all the equipment needed(rope, zpully exp, glacier travel, training) just need to find reliable partner(s) to climb with. This was on my list this summer but my partner flaked on me 5 days before the climb, so I'm hoping to get some route this summer in.

Edited by DancingBear