scenic winter outing w/ little avy danger

JoshK

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will do. In actuality, I had thought about possibly descending by the NE Ridge, if things looked feasible that way, and then going back along the NW-trending ridge north of the basin north of Lewis Peak (i.e., going back along the ridge that leads directly back to the logging road). My main thought for doing this was to get some good pics of the NW Ridge of Lewis, etc. from a different vantage. Plus, I love making loops trips.

Bring extra clothes along to change in to back at the car.

And remember, the most memorable climbs are sometimes those that were most miserable. They're the type of climbs that make for good stories at pub clubs. No one ever wants to hear about those uneventful climbs up to Granite Mountain in perfect summer conditions. Zzzzzzzzz.

remember, the most memorable climbs are sometimes those that were most miserable. They're the type of climbs that make for good stories at pub clubs. No one ever wants to hear about those uneventful climbs

If we all look at you sideways because you DELIBERATELY set out to get soaked on a day when you knew you were going to see absolutely nothing, you'll just have to assume we are enjoying your story!!! Have fun.