• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
justclimbice

This weekend

Looking to get out Sunday or Monday this weekend. Mainly interested in ice climbing, so if you're the exploratory type hit me up. I've heard of lines on Halls Peak and Lake 22 headwall that I wanna scope out, granted avy conditions are favorable. Lacking tools and screws :cry: but I have everything else (rock rack, rope, slings, pons). Can drive too!

Tripleaderdave@gmail.com

716-four hundred-2436

I am looking to get out on some ice in the PNW, I am fine on lead, have tools and screws and crampons...need a rope and a partner who knows where the ice is in area...

Dave

i am interested in climbing moderate ice and alpine routes this winter. N. gully of chair peak, for example, let me know.

Yale

I've got everything but screws, plus an extra set of tools - no experience leading, but I'd be up to follow/TR.

Edited by w37b4g

I'm also in for ice/alpine climbing this weekend.

Like above, have screws,rope and gear, but haven't lead ice.

with this warmer temps, alpine might be more ideal, however been thinking Mazama might have some decent ice routes, don't know.

we should organize something, else I'm going drinking...

Whoa, not used to this forum I'm just now seeing all of these my bad! Just got a pair of fusions that I'd like to sink into some ice! Have Friday thru Sunday free!

I have to work Friday, but I'm free Sat/Sun. I can leave Fri night to meet up where you guys end up going tho. Any ideas?

Hi I am looking forward to climb some ice. Have all the gear but very little ice climbing mileage. Want to get out on a moderate route for starters.

NW Buttress of Chair Peak is what most people recommend.

I am happy to belay/follow if you want to lead.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

As a number of us have limited ice climbing experience but are keen to practice our skills would it be a good idea to head out as a group?

Hopefully one of the experienced climbers on the forum might step in and guide us.In return we could provide the ride/beer/belay...

Forecast isn't looking good for this weekend. I've done NW Buttress and it's a great climb. Maybe Saturday and Sunday we could find easier ice that is away from any avy danger. And I would be down for a group outing. Anyone that knows ice in the NW feel free to chime in. I've been looking at West Coast Ice and talked to a guy in Chilliwack who said most of the stuff at lower elevations in BC is out.

Edited by justclimbice

I've be down for dry tooling in Issaquah (tiger mountain) on Sunday morning, as a last option, if anyone is interested.

email me: drenewemail gmail

Edited by Dre