• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
mccallboater

Pat McGrane's Pioneer climbing guide

It's about time somebody reported from Idaho. My friend Pat has compiled the first comprehensive guide to alpine climbing in Idaho's Pioneer range, and posted it courtesy of Tom Lopez's Idaho climbing guide web site. Several of these routes are worthy of AAJ entries, but knowing Pat he will never bother. Enjoy, and please read the intro about keeping this area pristine.

http://www.idahoaclimbingguide.com/pat-mcgranes-wildhorse-classics-guide/

Rolf and I just hit two of these routes on our summer vacation; super fun and not a soul to be seen once you left the roads with the ORV crowds.  If you like solitude on your routes, the Pioneer Range delivers.  Thanks Pat McGrane for the beta!

62e830358a995_25.DevilsBedsteadWest.JPG.eb53d6b8796fe8bdf01283327f4a3bf7.JPG

NE Ridge Devil's Bedstead West

62e830ee730ec_66.RailstoHeavenpitchSkyPilot.JPG.34125d9c37b8103e22964f94e3c61dcf.JPG

"Rails to Heaven" pitch, Sky Pilot on Rearing Stallion Peak

• Snaffled 1
  • Rawk on! 2

I've never even heard of this range....looks great!