Calling all CLIMBERS! Please help with study!

Russell Storms

Hey guys! I'm conducting a study on how people approach life's challenges and whether that relates to the kinds of activities they engage in (we are particularly interested in rock-climbing!). If you're an avid climber like I am, I bet you wonder how climbing relates to other areas of your life- this is what I'm trying to test! The survey is suitable for all ages and isn't intended to cause any discomfort. All participation is anonymous and voluntary. The results could help prompt more research into how climbing affects behavior, cognition, and affect! the link to the survey is: https://columbia.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5BzCuxbk3zJ0y69&participantType=volunteer

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, help out if you can- it will take approximately 10 minutes to complete! There is a serious lack of research on climbing in the psychology literature, and we are hoping to change that!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will fill it out. But hear this first:

- We love the outdoors

- We like to pull on things.

No offense to soccer but climbers define "pitch" differently, protect their brains, and use their hands. A lot. And mostly work within 5 ft. of ground zero whereas climbers add a few zeros to that figure. We do get emotional with injuries now and then, like in soccer, but there are no referees out there climbing. Jut the cold cool world of friends and climbing witnesses.

Good luck with your study which could be similar to one done on herding cats.