Archival Photos

Dwayner

Went looking through the archives today and found a couple of dramatic photos of my climbing buddy "pope" in action a couple of years ago:

This is a picture of pope belaying me after I fell in a crevasse on the Nisqually Glacier. We were heading for Plummer Peak in the Tatoosh Range but someone gave us the wrong directions:

thirdmanapril1101j.jpg

This one shows pope later that day. I don't remember the context and I don't want to remember the context. Maybe he's looking in his pack for some Baby Wipes or something:

thirdmanapril1101k.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey pope! Where d'ya find that picture of me in "Iso" at the national bouldering "comps"?

It took me two weeks to dig myself out and it ruined my spandex. By the way, there were three other dudes buried under there and after about fifteen minutes of mindless banter about "sick slopers" and "heinous Gaston's", I wished for my own pile.

And fresh out of the digital camera, we got "pope" treasuring the Christmas present he received from a former climbing partner. (You flirt!) I suppose he'll be carrying that thing with him from now on. The swami predicts an "accident" where the puppet falls into a trailhead outhouse or "gets stolen by gear thieves".

richard.jpg