goggles

cracked

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I *love* my Bolle Contours. They have good periphial vision and fit my face well, and I like the vermillion tint. They are in the lower-mid price range (I think about $40).

All goggles will fog. Even the ridiculous ones with the fan. The only way around it is to put them on when you first get on the lift and DONT take them off until you are in the lodge.

IMHO.

Damn I just got a nice deal on a pair of Carrera goggles in eastern Canada. A shop at Tremblant was taking US cash at a 1us=2cn exchange rate, and the goggles were $10 off to boot. I don't know which model they are but they are yellow-tinted, double-paned antifog and cost me less than $30 even with the extra tax.

I use kiddie goggles grin.gif

They're $20-25, unbreakable (fold in two), small so they pack well - they don't come out of the pack that often anyway - and do the job just fine.

I think mine are Bolle but any of the big brands is going to be making decent goggles. If you don't like the kiddie ones, just get the cheapest version of something nice. Should not set you back more than $30.

On sale at rei world:

Smith V3 Regulator Goggles

Sale Price: $39.99 Item 663394

Compare at: $74.00 You Save: 45%

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=6076994&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1

I just had 5 days skiing with these in varying conditions and they seemed to work fine. They also rap around a fair bit, so you don't lose so much peripheral vision, which I really dig.

I picked up the Smith Monashee at Berg's today (I am currently near Eugene). I have yet to try them while skiing, but hope they will work. One point of interest: Smith says that when wet, the inner lens becomes soft (!), and easily scratched. WTF? Can't they keep lenses hard when wet? Apparently not.

Expired edit time???

Okay, so my goggles are "Scott". Probably the same ones, made in China and shipped here where they put their different company names on them. Double lens, something as you described about the inside lens becoming easily scratched. Well, I guess you get what you pay for. I tried mine on again last night and they actually feel comfy. I suppose when it's cold enough, the rubber hardens and then it's not so comfy but that's me whining.