who said this?

Mr._Natural

"If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it.

Wait a minute, maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish (because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know?). No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice.

But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth!

So -- we reorganize! Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we got with the power second, then the money. And then the kids.

Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies!

Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

Thank you everybody and Merry Christmas. "

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe if Captain Caveman can listen to Dead Kennedys, a band whose message is so at odds with the very core of his personality and beliefs, perhaps it's conceivable that a gun-totin' rightie such as yourself could listen to a decidedly left-leaning avant-punk (or whatever the fuck category they fit in; probably none) band. But it's un-bleedin' likely, mate.

True enough. The only way to "get to know" someone via this accursed medium is to cobble together some vague sketch of their personality and whatnot from things they say. Having never been in the Trask living room to flip through your CD (or is it LP?) collection, DFA really couldn't say. However, given all available evidence (and your remarkable cunning at the cut-and-paste gig), signs point to nothing from the Dischord label in your stacks of wax. But, really, who knows? Or cares?

Sounds like DFA is applying his own views of how he approaches music to how he percieves trask and is coming up wrong. I'm not surprised at all that trask listens to fugazi. Just look at past posts and links to music.

Seems like he has pretty good taste. rockband.gifrockband.gif

any of you guys ever heard of Sled Napkin?

Bah. Stupid fucking thing to worry about or argue about or whatever. Dr. Flash Amazing stands corrected, or redirected, or admits to being misconcepted.

Trask, DFA doesn't give a flying fuck if you listen to The Chipmunks or Crass, Fleetwood Mac or Fugazi, Bing Crosby or Bad Religion. The Doctor was just surprised, for the reasons previously stated, is all.

Rock on, brother. rockband.gif