Eric Bjornstad Accident

layton

quoted from moutainproject (not my post)

Update: I'm sure not many of you know that Eric had an accident (a fall I believe, but I'm not sure) and had extensive spinal cord damage that will require him to live in a extended care facility. After a month or so at St. Mary's in GJ he has been transported back here to Moab.

I plan on visiting Eric here in the coming week or so and I'm sure that he would appreciate any of your thoughts and well wishes. If there is any messages I can pass on I would be happy to do so. I will try and give a more extensive update after I talk with him.

Eric-Bjornstad_-Fred-Beckey_Monument-Valley_4.jpg

Very sad. I hope he has plenty of friends and family to visit

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to hear. Some years ago (’05?) word was that Eric would watch climbers’ dogs since he had a fenced yard and two of his own. That was a great excuse to go to his place and meet the man. Back then he told us he was working on a new desert towers book – no walls, no crags, just a big old tome on towers. Sounds like that’s not likely to happen now. Sad to think of a climbing life slowly winding down largely alone in a small house in Moab – hopefully that is not the full picture.