• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Pete_H

[TR] Mt. Cashmere - NW Face 12/30/2012

Trip: Mt. Cashmere - NW Face

Date: 12/30/2012

Trip Report:

Even with snomo access to 4200, the appoach still felt lengthy. Found stable, wind-effected, but soft snow on the face and the 2000 vf uninterrupted run down to Lake Victoria. After a short descent we intersected tracks from a party that had just come down the "Goat's Breath" coloir. We availed ourselves of their track and made a short skinning traverse; then enjoyed the 3000 vf powder run to Icicle Creek, making it down just in time for dark and a draft of Wild Turkey before making the ski / snomo run back to the car.

Photos courtesy of my illustrious partner-in-crime, Eric Wehrly.

Approach Notes:

2-stroke

CashmereNWFace.jpg

DescentNWFace.jpg

Face4.jpg

doctoria.jpg

Wicked Jealous!

I logged 15+ Miles and 5800' gain for all of 500' of linked turns and a boatload of downhill road skiing on a exploratory adventure.

I gotta get sled access.

Nice Pics.

Thanks for rubbing in the reality of my folly. :tup:

and the worst of us........20 miles and 3g for me yesterday. never took the skins off. character building?

Man, that looks great Pete. way to score guys.

After reading awesome trip reports of yours on TAY alecapone, I feel a lot better now.

Take the good with the bad huh? :) or the bad with the good?