Lost: Keys in Leavenworth

dberdinka

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my keys once when I was climbing at a small toprope area near Eugene where no one else climbed. About six months later (I had forgotten about the keys by then), I went back to climb, was setting up the toprope and still sitting next to the bolts were my keys. So just remember, once you have lost all hope that you will ever see your keys again, they may just show up.

That sucks...

I can't help, but i've got a lost key story...

There were these two guys diging through the bushes at the base of Lovers Leap, we walked up and asked what was going on. They showed us their pack with a big hole chewed in it and torn up cliff bar wrappers. I guess the snaffelhound liked keys as well. That little fucker must have been laughing all the way back to his hole... [big Grin]

This outpouring of support....it just brings tears to my eyes.

But were in the hell are my damn KEYS!?

Actually, I've already managed to replace them. Toyota's have a key code that can come in very handy when your to lazy or stOOpid to keep a spare handy.

This time was not as epic as 2 summers ago, when a mysterious rodent stole my keys away from under the chassis of my truck (common occurance evidently!). It happened midweek at the parking lot for Mount Gimli. Thats 20+ logging road miles away from the nearest little town and a good 80 miles from the nearest locksmith in Nelson.

After 12 miles of hiking a series of friendly hippies in the Slocan Valey helped us get back in the car within 24 hours.

One of those reaffirming-faith-in-humanity type stories.... Hope you're all enjoying your desk as much as I am on this beautiful day!