TR'able ice fall conditions

sayjay

I'm new to icefall climbing though I'm experienced in alpine ice and rockclimbing. Have hit vertical ice a few times and LOVED IT AND WANT MORE.For lack of a partner who can lead ice I'm looking to get out and TR this weekend to try and get my feet under me before taking on leading. WI3-4 would be ideal. Looked over Jason Martin's guide-in-the-making and was wondering if anyone knows what kinda shape any of the following are in:Pan Dome FallsStevens Pass/Nordic WallIcicle Creek/Blast Rock WallSnow Creek Valley/Millenium Wall

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: sayjay ]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason, thanks for the info. Well worth knowing. I'll shred that page of the book... which is, by the way, great to have. I appreciate your putting it out there.

As for the rest of you, is there really no one out there that's seen these climbs recently or are you all just too reticent to give up info? C'mon, share the wealth, guys...

To figure out if the icicle is ok, unless someone has been there, is go find soome telemetry weather history for leavenworth and see if it has been cold for long enough. 9 days ago it was raining in leavenworth so the question is has it been cold enough to reform everything.

I can help you with snoq. though. I made a report earlier about ice there in this site. Many of the ice there is short and tr-able.