• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Terminal_Gravity

Ice In The Wallowas !

I top roped falls creek falls yesterday. 50 ft 90-75° M 4/5 thin rotten wet and covered by spindrift. [hell no] I actually had one of the greatest time ever! Copious amounts of warm glogg helped. To pass one bulge I had to get half into the liquid part of the falls; there still is a time & place for 3 layer hard shell gortex) I think the water was super cooled and froze immediatly when it hit my jacket. I must have gained 10 pounds climbing the route!

Falls creek is about 3/8ths of a mile from the hurricane creek trail head. Across the valley & higher up was a beautiful vertical 40 foot wall of solid ice with none of the liquid stuff. I'll be climbing that next weekend. cool.gif" border="0

Watch it Carolyn, don't make me boot you in to the sprayers section. You dirty girl you...

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Lambone ]

Terminal,

Where is the Wallowas and is there rock climbing there too in the summer? If so then what type of stone?

quote:

Originally posted by Marty:
Terminal, Where is the Wallowas and is there rock climbing there too in the summer? If so then what type of stone?

Extreme NE corner of Oregon. Yes, in the summer...the rock acctually stays here all year long; go figure. It's all wild or virgin. Granite & Basalt to grade IV and Limestone/Marble to Grade V. No guide books! grin.gif" border="0