A Thank you to the local climbers

jeb013

A couple weeks ago I was out at Broughton Bluff to do some top roping, got there early and set up a line and low and behold my partner never showed up.

I thought that I had wasted my time when a couple of climbers offered to let me follow and clean one of the routes they lead (The Sickle). Well this made my day since it was the first time I had the opportunity to clean gear.

Later another group of climbers’ from Reed College offered to let me join them, we set up quite a few different lines and got a lot of climbing in, using 2 ropes between the 5 of us. They were a lot of fun to hang out and climb with.

Towards the end of the day the 2 gentlemen I climbed with earlier offered me a chance to follow and clean on the 1st pitch of Gandalf’s Grip, which to date is the longest single pitch I have had the opportunity to climb, and again the chance to clean gear and see placement. This was truly a perfect ending to my day.

I just want to say that the local climbing community is one to be proud of; sure I have ran into some people I don’t care for. But I have met a lot more that are just genuinely good people. What started out to be a total bust turned into a full day of climbing, and I would like to say thank you to everyone out there that helped make it possible.

I hope you read this.

Sincerely,

Jeb

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the weather cooperates i'll be out there again this weekend, i thought that was you when i was looking through previous posts.

I am ready for some rock, was up on St. Helens a few days ago and got blown off the mountain. Got to 7200' and decided enough was enough. High winds and driving rain/sleet just doesn't do it for me.

Jeb