Top 33 pitches at Index, sub 5.12?

boadman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do the 50 classics in 17 years. This is a 33rd birthday challenge, so I'm going for 33 pitches. I agree that this list is so far lower wall centered, but you have to admit that everything on the list so far is pretty stellar.

If I wanted to rack up some fantastic-looking 5.10 and 5.11 pitches, I'd check out some of the new multi-pitch sport routes to the left of Orc Tower. The first I'd try would be Jonah Benkert's World Famous Homemade Humble Pie, with pitches of 11b, 11b, 10b, 11c, and 10c. One could then top off the wall with the last pitch of Tales From Zahajko at 11c.

I haven't tried any of them yet, but the photos look amazing. Check out the description and photos at

http://www.rcnw.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=586&st=15

Has anyone here done Humble Pie or Tales? How was it?

An alternate link-up to Gorilla my dreams and Plum pudding would be from the finish of either p2 of Princely or Dr Sniff.

And another classic to do would be Racer X on the Lower Lump. But it would be time-consuming to have to hike around to all of these different areas.

I'd be overjoyed at doing just 10 good pitches on one wall in a day. Can't imagine doing 33 divided up among several walls.

This year I turn 50, and doubt I could do 50 routes of any length, any difficulty, and any style in one day at Index!

Jon